"It is astonishing what foolish things one can temporarily believe if one thinks too long alone, particularly in economics". John Maynard Keynes (1936, The General Theory).

Monday 5 March 2012

Short Stories of Dependency 2.0

By the occasion of the World Economics Association online conference, I prepared a new version of the Short Stories of Dependency. As you may see, I have not resolved the ethical issues I am facing in my research and in the meantime new issues have been raised.

You may find the new version of the paper at this link
http://economics.soc.uoc.gr/html/static_content/econ_phd/GR/Sotiropoulou/shortstoriesofdependency_Feb12_FULL%20VERSION.pdf (copy the link on your browser or click on it at the left column of the blog)

and you can participate at the WEA conference (conference participation is free), read the conference papers and make your comments at this link
http://weaethicsconference.wordpress.com/ (copy the link on your browser or click on it at the left column of the blog)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Irene, I stumbled across this site through an old Google Alert.

    You may be interested in our new book "People Money - the Promise of Regional Currencies" which is a field guide to local currencies around the world: http://www.triarchypress.com/pages/Regional-Currencies-People-Money.htm

    I could not get much information about Greece whilst writing it, so there is little included. You can contact me via:
    www.valueforpeople.co.uk

    All the best with your research

    John Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John!
    Thank you so much for this. I did not know about the book and i am afraid that i missed the website among all this info in the CC-Research google group (i remembered it once i opened the link you gave me). Now, at least i put the link on the blog, so that i do not miss it again.
    I am waiting for my viva appointment to be arranged and then i will write to you. In case you need info and websites on greek schemes, look for the paper concerning the crisis. The dissertation will have more updated info.

    Best regards from me too!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete